Oklahomans for Criminal Justice reform is hiring for the position of a full-time Digital Communications Associate. The successful applicant will be responsible for digital messaging through social media outlets, email, and the OCJR website. This position will assist in developing and promoting messaging for OCJR across multiple media platforms. This position is also responsible for coordinating communication efforts with multiple coalition partner organizations. The Digital Communications Associate will work under the supervision of the Deputy Director and in coordination with other staff that play an integral role in the delivery and design of OCJR’s marketing strategies, policy goals, public relations campaigns, and media events. The successful candidate must be skilled at understanding the importance of timing and setting, principles of basic graphic and web design and ensure that information releases are consistent with OCJR’s mission and strategy.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop overall social media/digital communications strategy in conjunction with engagement, policy, and reentry teams.
- Manage OCJR social media platform(s) including but not limited to: facebook, twitter, instagram and other emerging social media platforms.
- Grow online engagement and interaction by being responsive and relational in messages and comments across all platforms – seeking input from other team members where appropriate to answer questions
- Prepare, edit, coordinate and distribute informational releases via email, social media and website content.Develop web and social media content, newsletters, brochures, and other informational releases; assist with major public relations or media campaigns.
- Maintain strong online company voice through social media; manage end-to-end media projects and remain up to date with digital medial developments.
- Identify strategic engagement opportunities by staying attuned to current events and trending media content
- Track online engagement and report out to teams regularly to strategize weak points and strong points of communication strategy
- Work with partner entities to identify and utilize endorsers with social media influence.
- Coordinate major communications releases with other key partners in the OCJR coalition
- Update and edit OCJR’s website content – WordPress platform
- Compose engaging copy for email blasts that furthers OCJR’s messaging
- Develop educational and promotional materials
- Serves as photographer for OCJR
- Provide routine reports on content performance with recommendations to improve overall communications strategy
Communications Director Requirements:
- Degree in Communications, Marketing or related field; OR a minimum three (3) years of professional public relations/communications experience.
- Experience with visual communication principles and best practices
- Experience with web design and content management systems
- Experience managing social media channels and email programs
- Awareness of, and proficiency with, communications technologies
- Experience with graphic design and video editing
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Prior experience or knowledge of criminal justice system and reform efforts is preferred
OCJR is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities. The Agency will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person’s gender, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, handicap, disability, or membership in any other protected group. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided.
Please submit resume and cover letter to clint [at] okjusticereform [dot] org.