The Campaign Manager Position
Yes on 805, Inc. is a diverse and bipartisan coalition that includes business and faith leaders, advocates, and directly impacted people. We support State Question 805, a common sense reform that will curb the use of ineffective sentence enhancements for nonviolent offenses.
Oklahoma has an incarceration crisis, driven in large part by its use of extreme sentences. People accused of crimes in Oklahoma can have years, decades, or even life in prison stacked on top of their prison sentence if they have ever been convicted of a crime in the past. These sentence enhancements can be applied at the complete discretion of prosecutors to increase the sentence for nearly any offense.
For consideration, please submit a résumé, cover letter, campaign plan from a previous campaign, and two references by December 13, 2019. Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not provide us a campaign plan that is confidential or proprietary. Those with a history of arrest, conviction, incarceration, or other entanglement with the criminal legal system are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Flexible and adaptive in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to explain complex issues clearly, concisely, and intentionally
- Strong project manager who can manage high workflow / multiple projects without sacrificing quality
- 5+ years experience leading initiative or electoral campaigns
- Familiarity building, leading, and working within coalitions
- Experience designing campaign strategy and tactics and executing campaign plans
- Experience with campaign compliance and reporting
- Commitment to diversity using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance, and record of arrest or conviction.
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts
- Willingness to live in Oklahoma from January through November 2020
- Willingness to travel frequently within Oklahoma during campaign
- Report to the Ballot Steering Committee, establish campaign goals, strategies and cost-effective budgets to deliver a win on State Question 805 in November 2020.
- Project management of coalition members that provide policy, data analysis, legal, and other expertise and resources
- Manage existing vendor relationships including signature collection firm and communications firm(s)
- Interview, selection, and management of additional vendors including direct mail, pollster, TV/radio, digital, phones, additional communications firms.
- Design, create, and manage volunteer petitioner programs
- Recruit, hire and manage any needed campaign staff reporting directly to the Campaign Manager
- Supervise campaign compliance and reporting
- Develop detailed campaign budget and manage cash-flow
- Operate as key liaison between Ballot Steering Committee, campaign staff, vendors, and coalition.
- Manage relationships with key external stakeholders
- Assist in building diverse coalition of organizations and individuals across the state willing to be listed as supporters of campaign
Equal Opportunity Employment / Diversity
Yes on 805, Inc. is committed to diversity and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applications for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, history of entanglement with the criminal legal system or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination.
Please email your résumé, cover letter, campaign plan from a previous campaign, and two references to email@example.com by December 13, 2019. Please do not provide us a campaign plan that is confidential or proprietary.